Saturday, December 8, 2007

Women's Christmas Friendship Dinner



I hosted a table at our church's Women's Christmas Friendship Dinner, and it was really fun to have so many of my friends join me for a great evening of entertainment -- eating without kiddos running around our legs, visiting, and enjoying great music (a violinist and her band that included flute, cello, drums, and harp.)

I decorated again this year with china that originally belonged to my Great Grandma Peggy's sister. I was fortunate to receive a full 12 place setting service many years ago, complete with serving bowls and platters. It's a unique pattern with red and gold detail work, which makes it absolutely perfect for Christmas. I completed the table centerpiece with a hurricane lamp filled with a fake snow and cranberry mixture (complete with holly from my backyard), and a my nativity set.

Our servers for the night were the husband and father of a friend of mine from MOPS - her table was located next to mine. It's always a treat to have the men of our church serve our yummy meal, and they always do such a great job!
Lastly, it was such a welcome opportunity to enjoy this as a Christmas dinner -- not a "holiday" party, or a "warm wishes for the season" party -- but a Christmas Party, where we celebrate the birth of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

No comments: