Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas


Yeah! It's snowing as I write this, and the huge fluffy flakes are collecting on the lawn. Guess Matt gets out of mowing the yard for yet another week.

The company holiday party is tonight, so I decided to get spruced up by the professionals. I hit Nordstrom before lunch and got a makeover from the Clinique counter (what a treat -- haven't done that in years!) and then headed over to the salon for a trim -- and of course, asked for a style with a little more "flip."

I listened to Christmas tunes as I drove home in the snow and just thought about how much I love the Christmas season. I think I love it because we get to enjoy it for so long.

I am also reading Beth Moore's Study titled, "Jesus - 90 Days with the One and Only." I am hoping to read it in time for Christmas, as it is really preparing my heart to celebrate the birth of our savior.

Last night I read Beth's view (not scriptural, -- purely fiction -- but interesting, nonetheless) on how Mary might have felt on the night after Jesus had been born. Here is some of what she shares, as Mary sits holding baby Jesus in the moonlight:

"The fullness of the Godhead rested in her inexperienced arms, sleeping to the rhythm of her heart. This time she hummed a song she did not know, a song being sung by the choir of angels hovering over her head but hidden from her carnal senses. The deafening hallelujahs of the heavenly hosts were silent to mortal ears except through the sounds of a young woman's voice who had unknowingly given human notes to a holy score. The glory of God filled the earth. Heaven hammered a bridge, but one young woman sat unaware of all that swelled in the atmosphere around her...."

And the snow is still falling. Oh, how I love Christmas time!

1 comment:

lindley said...

Oh my goodness! The snow is beautiful and yes, I am jealous. It might be one of my favorite "happies" in all the world. Thanks for the pictures and for the words in your study. Beautiful!